Friday, June 29, 2012

Whoa....It's been awhile!

As the title of this post says - it has been awhile since I last posted anything! Since my last in October 2010, I have been so busy with Hajj 2011, a new job, a new city, etc. - the list goes on:) I have also been busy with tonnes of sewing projects and since moving to Victoria, BC, I have gone into a small sideline sewing business for sisters:) I'm really excited about this as now that I am in a bigger city with more sisters who wear the khimar and abayas, mine have been getting a lot of compliments.

Plus, given that online shopping is tricky with sizing, shipping and waiting and with a lot of sisters relying on family back home to send them clothing, me taking on a few sewing projects has been keeping me busy, too:)

I recently completed an abaya for a sister from Saudi and have posted a couple of pictures below. It's so nice to see someone wearing the clothing that I made them - I love it!

As for pictures of other clothing I have made over the past few months, I will post them in a separate blog, Inshallah:)

For the pics of the abaya I did for the Saudi sister (below), I would love to know what you think:) The fabric is a suiting that she provided me and for the type of weather we have here in BC, it will be good to wear year-round (although in really hot weather, it might be too warm).

Take care and asalamalaykom! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment